Long Island Quilts of Valor
What is a Quilt of Valor?
A Quilt of Valor® (QOV) is a quality, handmade quilt that is machine or hand quilted. It is awarded to a Service Member or Veteran who has been touched by war. The Quilt says unequivocally, “Thank you for your service and sacrifice in serving our nation.”
Thanks to you and the interest in this very worthy cause, our group is Brand New and the first and only on Long Island!
What better way to honor our Veterans than with the start of our own "Long Island - Quilts of Valor Group".
Interested in Joining a QOV Group?
If you are in the Long Island and surrounding areas and are interested in joining a QOV Group, our QOV Group of Long Island welcomes you. We have programs like Monthly Sew In’s, Trunk Shows, QOV Retreats, a QOV quilt block program, National teachers and other opportunities in the shop with lots of fun creating Quilts of Valor for many deserving individuals. You don't need to be a quilter to join our QOV group. There is always a need for people at our Sew days to help iron, bind, help with presentations, fundraising and we also need people to help with quilting the QOV finished tops. If you are interested in the QOV group, stop in, email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store to register your name and get on our email list.
(There is a nominal $10 group member fee collected by us on behalf of the QOVF.)
A little bit about Quilts of Valor for those of you that are new to the foundation. The mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation is "To cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor."
Throughout the year we will have lots of events making QOV quilts for many deserving individuals.
There are many benefits of joining our QOV Group listed below:
To become a member:
- Stop in the shop to sign up, or email us at email@example.com
- There is a nominal individual $10 member fee collected annually by us on behalf of the QOVF.
- Authorization to raise money, accept donations, and accept non-monetary gifts to meet local needs using the QOVF name.
- (Note: donations raised are sent in to the foundation's national office for tax recording and reporting, then returned to groups.)
- Use of 100% of funds raised through an expense reimbursement process.
- Advance notice of upcoming QOVF special events, monthly specials from QOVF supporting companies, and discounted opportunities to participate in other quilt related events.